David Primes has had more on his plate than assisting SPS clients for the past 40+ years. The SoCal native is known for his long reach into the local non-profit and educational communities.
Take, for example, David’s over 20-year commitment to Griffith Observatory Foundation. Griffith Observatory is a Los Angeles icon and strong community centerpiece for scientific learning, education, and astronomy.
“I’ve loved the Observatory since I was a kid growing up in the area,” says David, a self-described “science nerd.”
Small wonder, then, that his first position on the Foundation’s board was that of treasurer, transitioning into Board President, and then Chair.
David served on the National Kidney Foundation and California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA) boards. David is quite dedicated to educating future accountants. He spent a year toiling nights and weekends to earn his Master of Science in Accounting degree so he could teach budding CPAs at California State University, Northridge.
David’s educational goal was a long time coming. He started his master’s degree in 2011, exactly 40 years to the day after he started his bachelor’s degree at Northridge. “My students appreciate my 35+ years of accounting experience,” he says. “I enjoy teaching because it allows me to impact the future of those considering going into accounting.”
Altruism, for David, is a guiding force. “I’ve been successful in my field and have an internal need to give something back,” he says.
At SPS David, now a part-time principal, balances full client responsibilities with his role as the firm’s technology leader. Indeed, under his guidance, David has established SPS as one of the region’s leaders in the area of accounting technology.
Degrees, Certifications & Memberships
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, CSU, Northridge
- Master of Science, Accountancy, CSU, Northridge
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Information Technology Professional
- Lecturer, California State University, Northridge
- Chair, Griffith Observatory Foundation
- Past President, CalCPA Education Foundation
- Member: California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA)
- Member: American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member: Information Technology Division, AICPA
- Member and Past Chair: State Technology Committee, CalCPA
- Past Member: Advisory Board, CSUN School of Accounting
Specialties Include: Technology, Professional Services, Health Care, Real Estate Industry.